I have a new recipe for you today. Give it a try to keep on track with your bootcamp lifestyle. Enjoy!
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5-7 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes
Nutrition Score per serving:
340 calories, 38g carbs(45%), 9.8g fat(26%), 23g fiber, 25g protein(29%), 2.7 g saturated fat
- 8 6-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 t ground cumin, divided
- 2 T reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 t liquid smoke seasoning
- 1 16-ounce package frozen pepper stir-fry mix (green, red, yellow bell peppers, and onion), thawed
- 3/4 lb lean roast beef (such as Healthy Choice), sliced into thin strips
- 4 cup romaine lettuce, chopped (or 1 bag of any pre-cut romaine salad mix)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
Olive-oil cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with olive-oil spray. Place 4 tortillas on a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of cumin. Bake for 8 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven; transfer to individual plates. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine remaining cumin, soy sauce, and liquid smoke. Set pan over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a simmer. Add vegetable mix and cook for 3 minutes, until tender. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables from pan; set aside. To the same pan, add roast beef and simmer for 2 minutes, until hot.
Top toasted tortillas with lettuce, then pepper stir-fry mixture and roast beef. Arrange avocado on top. Serve with additional tortillas on the side. (Additional garnish options: fat-free sour cream, salsa, jalapeños, hot sauce.)